The Georgia Chattahoochee Chapter of the Association of Proposal Management (APMP) welcomes seasoned proposal practitioners or those just beginning their proposal industry journey to learn about the latest trends and issues in the world of proposal development and to stay up-to-date on the newest innovations in proposal management.
With our initiative to facilitate sharing proposal industry knowledge for our members, our chapter’s Board of Directors has begun making plans for 2019.
We know how busy you all are, so we will have incorporated both virtual and in-person meeting events for 2019.
Our proposed meeting schedule for 2019:
- March 20-21 APMP Southern Proposal Accents Conference (SPAC)
- May-June Virtual Meeting
- August-September Virtual Meeting
- November Chapter Member Appreciation Dinner
If you have suggestions for the virtual presentation topics, please contact Frank Candido, our Chapter Chair.
RECAP: November 13, 2018 What PM's can Learn in Managing the Toughest of Proposals and Presidents
No other office in the world challenges the best of leaders in managing teams, documents, messaging and communications than the White House Chief of Staff. From overseeing the unpredictability of the White House team, the larger-than-life personalities, and desires of a U.S. President, the White House Chief of Staff, much like the Proposal Manager (PM), must be grounded in solid proposal management and leadership skills. Both roles require an unrelenting passion to bring order and predictability amidst the challenges. Failing to do so in both roles, could have global consequences.
This presentation explored and compared the similarities in skillsets both the PM and the White House Chief of Staff must employ to steer the toughest of proposals and presidents to success.
Ted Koval holds an MPA, is PMP certified and is an experienced Proposal, Communications and Change Manager in Atlanta, GA. He is pursuing his Certification of Proposal Management with APMP. Ted has over 20 years' experience in Internal Communications, Change and Proposal Management in both the private and public sectors, including Fortune 50 and 100 companies. Ted also spent time running political campaigns, as well as being a candidate himself and will share his experience (in a politically neutral approach) in this space as it relates to his topic.
Meeting Sponsorship Information
Our Meeting Sponsorship Program provides attendees with information about successful companies that offer products and services that can help make their jobs, as proposal professionals, easier.
Past Meeting Topics
- September 20, 2018 The Proposal Manager as Leader, virtual webinar with presenter Melissa Paye [Watch Recording]
- May 22, 2018 What If...? Proposal Heresies, virtual webinar with presenter David M. Stearman [Presentation]
- November 2, 2017 Connecting the Entire Business Development Lifecycle through the Lens of PMBOK 6th Edition, ISO 9001:2015, and Lean Principles, presented by Dr. Bob Frey
- September 27, 2017 The Proposal Manager as a Force Multiplier (virtual meeting)
- August 1, 2017 Proposal Writing and the Eight-Second Attention Span (virtual meeting)
- July 26, 2017 The Long and Winding RFP Road: A Case Study (Details to be provided)
Image Disclosure: The APMP Georgia Chattahoochee Chapter reserves the right to use photos (images) of attendees in chapter promotional materials, website listings, electronic publications, etc., without payment or attribution. If you have a concern about the use of your image, please contact our Chapter Chair, Frank Candido.